Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Doo Wop Fire

Fire at the Doo Wop Shop

There was a fire at our Bardstown Rd Building this morning around 6am. Sam and I got the call at 6:50 asking if Cheryl or Victor were here. I said I was their daughter. They asked if I had any affiliation with the Doo Wop Shop. I said yes. They said there was a fire, a very big fire, at the Doo Wop Shop. I said we'd be right there.

Sam and I got dressed as I called Dad's number which was busy. I called his cell phone and he answered with, "I have them on the other line." and I hung up. I called Bill and he said, "Mom is on her way here." again I just hung up.

Once Sam and I were both totally dressed, me the whole time trying to figure out what to do about the kids, 'I could take them..no. I could drop them at Linda's...no....' I looked at Sam and pictured him throwing gear out a window and realized he was better suited for the job, and said, "You take good pictures." and he got ready to answer me when the phone rang again. It was Gannie. I just said, "Will you watch the kids?" She agreed and minutes later we were both on the way to the store.

When we were pulling up the street I called Mom's cell phone to tell her that Gannie was at my house, which she had asked me to do, and Bill answered. This confused me, since oddly, I suppose I thought that Mom was going to stay with his kids, which really makes no sense, and so I said, "Tell her that Gannie is at my house, where are you?" "We're on Bonnycastle" Bill said. "We just turned onto Bonnycastle too. See you in a minute" I finished.





As we walked down Bonnycastle there were lots of Firetrucks blocking the store and black smoke coming up from the front, but no obvious flames. The phone started to ring then. I had already alerted Danny Massey, and Derema Bledsoe had called me. Kim Hay called Sam back on his cell and then Jennifer, and so on....

Mom called us and told us to come down between the two houses on the backside of Bonnycastle behind Doo Wop. There were all of the Doo Wop Employees gathering behind the open garage door, watching the firefighters. The fire was for the most part already out.

It turns out that the fire was started by an electrical problem.


The real clean up starts when they can get the electricity back up and running.

Thanks to: God for His Amazing Help in Keeping Everyone Safe and Almost All our Gear From Harm, Everyone who called in to check on us from around the country, Wick's Pizza for free lunch for all of us, Forest Park Church (Denise, Lauren, and Audrey) for the donuts for breakfast for all of us, LGE quickly showing up on the scene to determine the situation, the Louisville Fire Department!!!, SenJay for Calling Them, The Insurance Guys, the Glass Repair Guys, Etc.....

I'll send more pictures as they become available! Feel free to stop by! It's a yucky mess and smells like a BBQ minus the free food! :-) Thank God for Saving Everyone from Getting Hurt and Almost All of our Equipment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
Sorry to hear (just this afternoon) about the fire. PLEASE let me know if I can do anything for you guys......anything.

Chris
550-3566