Monday, November 17, 2008

His Stockings Were Hung by their Webs with Care



I thought you would enjoy the following email that went out to my family, although you must promise not to tell Thomas!

First Email This Morning to the Convers and Himbaughs:

date: Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 12:09 PM
subject: Christmas Socks

"For those who need a 'stocking stuffer' for Thomas, he very much wants 'Spider-man Boots', which in this case means Black or Red socks. I even got him fancy black Spider-man slippers, (with Spider-man's head on it) but no, he wants to wear black socks with that costume and red socks with the red costume. As you can imagine, even with Dexter's help, a person only has so many pairs of red socks....

So, now he says Santa Claus is bringing black and red socks!
So....pass it on.

ps- we can't really get too many, unless that's more than 20, in which case, call off the dogs....."

My response to the reassurance that the Socks are In The Bag.....

date: Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 2:18 PM
subject Re: Christmas Socks

" :-) He will be very happy with socks.
He sadly sorts through his entire drawer full of plain white socks and I say, "Whatcha' doin' Thomas" and he says, "I can't find my Red Spider Man Boots. I have to have my Spider Man boots...." and he'll go find some tiny size 6-12 month socks that used to fit and try to pull them on.

He has several pair you understand that do fit, but well, he wears them a lot..... Then there's the black socks, those are needed for Black Spider-man, "that the bad chocolate goo creeps all over him." and he has to have black socks.

I've tried to get him to put on navy blue or something and he'll say, "no Mom, those are blue," or "no, that's grey. I have to have on Black Boots to be the bad Spider-man." and he sorts on through the socks....."

But for what it's worth, as he pointed out, with those boots on, he looks pretty strong: "Do I look pretty strong in my Spider-man Suit Mom? Do I look like I could beat up Bad Guys?" "Oh Yes, Thomas, you do! You look very strong!"

No comments: