Saturday, February 28, 2009

Thomas' Birthday Wish List

So we have a fun tradition where we go to the toy store a week or so before Thomas' birthday, and he makes a picture wish list!

I thought you would get a kick out of looking through our pictures! I also have about 5 things Grace just had to have a picture with, but I'll save those for later.

It was really fun. We got to Toys-R-Us and told them it was his birthday, (which the birthday card they send you tells you to do- they also give you a $3 gift cert. by the way) and they gave him a birthday crown, a balloon, which Grace happily held onto for him, and asked his name and age.

Then after we had had time to walk down the first isle, they came over the loud speaker and got everyone's attention and said, "We have a special guest in the house today! Thomas is celebrating his 4th birthday! Happy Birthday Thomas!" His eyes got so big, and he said, "That's Me!" He was so excited.

Then every time we passed a salesperson, they would stop and say, "Hi! Are you Thomas? Happy Birthday!" or "Hi Thomas!" He would always say, "Happy Birthday! Thank You!"

So, here are our pictures! Everything I took a picture of, he either told me to, or If I said, "Do you want me to take a picture of this?" Sometimes he would say, "No." Or, if he really liked it, he would want to pose with the toy!

Thomas's Birthday Wish List 2009, Age 4

This HUGE 2-Headed-Dragon (one head is biting Thomas and the other getting Grace here) is on sale in the very back of the store! ($14 I think.)
I tried to give her a girly unicorn, and she held it politely and asked for the dragon! Thomas thought he was pretty scary too. I have a feeling I'd end up sleeping with this guy to protect everyone else in the house...things look different awfully in the dark! Maybe he'd make a good piece for right inside the doorway...

This Color Surge was in the back in the coloring/painting stuff. It's some new painting system or something. Anyway, he only wants it, I think, because it's Star Wars.

Star Wars Evolutions, 3 little Star Wars guys.


Thomas and Tyler both almost got this Spider-Man Suit last year. It's a swim suit! It contains floaters! He wanted to know where the mask was!


Thomas found this Star Wars Monopoly Game. It was the last one on the shelf. I tried to mention the age issue...but he'd have none of it and posed for the picture.
This is soooo cool. It's a soda shop! This side is the kitchen, and the other side actually looks like a restaurant booth! It's on clearance I think. They had 2 or 3 sitting there. (Hmm, maybe for Christmas...)


What can I say, he has great taste.....


Ummmmmm.....


Grace actually jumped up, ran over to this awful thing and climbed on by herself, and started saying, "It's a motorcycle!" Thomas couldn't resist, so he jumped on too. I took a picture, then made it clear, "Mommy Says No. We are not getting an ATV." They still loved it.


Grace is explaining here that we would like this set of LEGOS since it is only Blocks! You always run out of the plain blocks.
This is Thomas holding the Indiana Jones LEGO Video Game. He loves playing the LEGO Star Wars XBOX 360 and not as much (since it's not star wars) the LEGO Batman Video Game- also XBOX 360. We have both the Wii and the XBOX 360 -I don't like XBOX and so Sam got me a Wii! - But I think we should probably shoot for getting him this game on XBOX, just since the other two he has are XBOX.... {may need to wait for Christmas- I think it's really expensive!}

This guy is a little silver knight that goes with his castle set. They are in the back by the legos, although other than this size he is holding, most of these are a bit high priced. I think this size is $5.99.
This is a light-saber that pops out and lights up! He wants BLUE! He wanted that to be very clear.... :-)

Fat Head toys...beats me. He liked Darth Vader, and wanted Luke or Anakin.

They need an extra little chair (or 2 if you're out yard sale-ing...) for the mini-dining room table they use. They have 2, but anytime someone else is over, like Tyler or Samantha, or soon hopefully Ian....they need an extra! We were voting here for gender-neutral, as he wanted Handy Manny and she wanted either Tinker Bell or Princesses!

I have no idea why we need this. He saw it (they both love Caillou, although it makes me crazy!) and said, "Get a picture of the Caillou goes to space movie!"

This is a new thing by Crayola! It's kids' paint markers! It's called 3-in-1 Paint.

This is an easy reader Pokemon Book Thomas found. He has recently gotten the 1st episode of Pokemon on VHS (I collected like nearly all of them in college) and so having watched the video twice already in a week, he thought it was terrific to find Pokemon in the store.

This is a little Pikachu Toy. This is the main character's best friend, so of course Thomas' favorite one too!
This Poke-Ball contains a little guy that actually pops out!
(Another Pokemon Toy: Meowth Hot-Air Balloon - On sale for $6.99!)
These 2 Godzilla Toys are huge and ugly. He thinks they are great. I think Tyler has this one already, maybe that's why we suddenly need it.... There is another one just like it that's silver, but I'll spare you the picture.

This is a giant Star War Sticker Book! I could tell I was about to have a "not today" discussion with him, when Grace tuned up about a "Super Why" sticker book. Luckily, she hadn't picked out a toy yet to take home, so we let her have that, and Thomas put this book down!
Well, I hope you enjoyed your trip through the Toys-R-Them as Dave Ramsey says. I did actually. He had a ball! They were sooo tired when we left, Thomas with a new Star Wars coloring Book (with a light-saber pen) and tiny Anakin toy, and Grace with a "Super Why" Coloring Book, that they came home, barely got through lunch, and fell asleep for about 2 hours!

No comments: