Monday, October 1, 2012

Up and Out

We are packed and ready to roll! The slow to rise, and the guys who've been staying at the little bungalows that just arrived, are eating breakfast now. Ms. America made us pancakes again! Boy I will miss her cooking!

Matthew scared us all this morning and made us slightly less sad about leaving when he told us a story about going into the downstairs bathroom at 4am and seeing a scorpion! He saw it run across the room in the dark and thought it was a centipede, but just as he was turning to leave, he saw it move and thought how odd it looked, so he picked up the garbage can and saw it curved up and ready to strike! 

He slammed the can back down and ran out to get his shoes, (barefoot, not good) and smashed it flat. Whew. I don't think I would sleep easily now, of course, I guess I knew the whole time it was a possibility and just prayed as I fell asleep that I'd be safe, and I was. God is pretty good at controlling his creatures. Grace had a Bible Verse right before we left, "In His wisdom He made them all, the earth is full of His creatures." I recited that a lot while we were here!!!

Everyone I think is secretly dreading the moment when we have to actually say goodbye to Terry, Ms. America, Doris (the other cook/house keeper,) Pamela, Hans, and Lucila. Jennifer left us a sweet note when she left, right in the middle of the floor. Krystal gave out lots of hugs when she left last night and the others have all said goodbye as they got out of the van or walked out at other points.

Everyone is picking up our "Anti-Parasite" medicine. This one is called, "Zentel." The boys are complaining that we've carefully used filtered water the whole time. I am grinning thinking of the homeade ice cream they had and that lunch they bought at the race yesterday (the one I refused to eat...) It causes you to "pass the parasites out" and we aren't supposed to take it till we get home. Sounds like a colonoscopy prep to me. Gee...fun. Oh well, part of the adventure I suppose.

We are going to all meet together again Oct. 18th-ish to exchange pictures and stories. Hopefully we can bring the kids and they can see the Pros in their Jerseys. I have posters signed for my kids.

Well, thanks for reading our blog, and if I can I will post again from Houston!

Haven't I commanded you: be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9 (HCSB)


Mary Conver
Doo Wop Shop


No comments: