Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dark Knights, Smoky Mountains, and Mad Libs

Gatlinburg July 17-20, 2008

Derema's 8 week picture! A perfect day for it!

We went last Thursday with Don and Derema Bledsoe to Gatlinburg!

The first day we ate at the Pancake House and then saw the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight, which was 3 hours long! Then we ate dinner at the Old Mill in Pigeon Forge.

The second day we spent in the Mountains and visiting the Cherokee Nation in Cherokee, NC.

Then on Sunday before heading home, we ate more pancakes and got an Old Time Photo taken, and then headed out to see the dinosaur museum in Sevierville, Tennessee.

This was Exactly what I was Longing to do with my vacation! Thanks Derema!


A Bear tries to attack me...wants my hamburger and Jasmine Tea....

Sam defending me from the dangerous bear in the Mountain Grill...
Too Bad I spilled the tea anyway....

Standing on the State Line between North Carolina and Tennessee


Up on top of the Memorial at Newfound Gap




Sam and Don heading up the Appalachian Trail...


Here is Don getting ready to pose as a Civil War guy complete with sandals...
This big guy was glad to have us over for lunch on our way out of town,
and he was one of the smaller dinos that I could fit in my lens...

I sent this picture to Billie and told him we should send the Boys.
He's always telling them to go Run-A-Muk

We saw this ad and decided where to go next year....
My favorite is the Bear Wrestling, but Sam wants to go Snipe Hunting.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like you had fun...but where were the kids?