Wednesday, September 24, 2008

One Step Closer

I was working down there today and thinking about my favorite Gumby Cartoon. In the show, Gumby falls into a toaster and turns all black and toasty. Then instead of getting upset, he pulls out a butter knife and scrapes off all of the black stuff, dusts off his hands, and smiles at Pokey, and they just go right on with their day.

When I got home tonight, I looked online and searched for that episode. It was from 1957, and was called "Toy Fun."

http://cinema.lycos.com/party/50QFwUMwVpYA If you go to this link, you can watch the whole thing! It's really cute. I think the link only works for 24 hrs or something, then maybe you have to search for it again under lycos.com Anyway, Gumby and Pokey just walk around playing with toys, it's just so simple, and when the crisis occurs, he just.....fixes it.

Anyway, even if We couldn't just scrape off the burnt parts....

Today we went over to Doo Wop and sorted through the burnt and charred boxes of files from the roof. This was without a doubt the worst fire damage I've seen yet. Most of them were beyond help (and luckily not totally vital) but some we knew was stuff we had to have. So, even though some would crunch into tiny pieces when you would try to pick them up by the handles, we bagged them in super thick garbage bags to be stored.

We were sooooo dirty when we got out of there, I still had black in the creases of my hands after washing, showering, and then washing my hands again!



Then we got even better news....

Bill found out tonight that we might be able to buy back all of our equipment from the insurance people after all! So....look out Louisville.....Here comes....

The World's Largest Music Fire Sale!



PS- This was written on the wall behind my Mom's desk right on under the main fire! I had to get a picture! We ought to go get one again now.....


No comments: